There are a lot of frameworks you can use for web development. Each allows you to implement specific tasks. But there are a few of the most popular
Python is an object-oriented, interpreted, and interactive programming language. According to the SECLGroup expert estimate, Python ranks as one of the most used languages in the world, and angular web application approved its popularity for the highly-loaded sites. By building a site with Django, you can get no less impressive results than when working with JS frameworks. At the same time, Django is not so complicated and requires less code and development time.
Backend frameworks are specifically designed to speed up or facilitate the development of websites or mobile applications. Of course, using a framework is not a prerequisite for creating websites. Still, using modern technologies in the project discovery phase is considered a competent and thoughtful step.
When choosing a suitable backend framework responsible for the server side, the developer pays attention to several important features:
- The presence of a community. Qualified programmers must be involved in the framework. In this case, the product will be updated regularly, and the documentation will fully satisfy the needs of webmasters.
- Usage specifics. Each framework is designed to implement certain tasks to consider when choosing. While working on a project, there should be no difficulties in implementing the plan.
- Functional. Frameworks are commonly used to simplify and speed up a website or mobile application development. Therefore, it is essential to determine the basic functions needed when working on a project before choosing.
Speaking about the most popular frameworks of 2023, you should first mention Laravel, which is on the leaderboard from year to year due to its many pluses and the minimum number of cons.
Laravel is a universal platform with a complete list of tools to create any site, from a business card site or a landing page to multi-page sites. Developers constantly monitor the quality of their products by releasing updates and quickly fixing bugs.
Laravel is on the list of developers’ favorite frameworks and is excellent for creating complex websites due to several significant advantages:
- Laravel’s high level of security is achieved through an ORM that eliminates the possibility of a “raw” SQL query by removing all unnecessary elements that harm the data.
- The MVC architecture differentiates models, controllers, and views. These layers are independent of each other, which allows programmers to use them separately.
- Thanks to free access to large amounts of data, developers, and customers have at their disposal instructions, manuals, tips, and discussions of programmers on the forums.
The disadvantages include a large amount of manual labor in Laravel. On the one hand, the developer gets complete freedom of action, but at the same time, the work speed can be significantly slowed down.
Almost everyone knows about the giants of Php-based pipelined web programming – Drupal, Joomla!, and others, but only some know that there are equally powerful and even much more mature tools in the Python world.
Django is a platform that serves as a standard of reliability. The framework is perfect for working with large Internet sites and web applications due to its flexible architecture, providing ample scaling opportunities.
- The administrator’s interface is simple, and showing it to the site’s customers is not a shame.
- There are few plugins and extensions, but it will be easy for a web programmer to connect any of the usual Django applications or develop a new component.
- It should be noted as intelligible and convenient documentation.
- All in all, Django is a good fit for people who use Django and are used to efficiently developing Python.
No small cons can compare with high performance. This allows the developer to save time when setting up the platform and preparing additional templates.
Due to many specific features, the slightest mistake can lead to significant failures in the final product. But with sufficient experience, using Django will allow you to quickly create a website or web application of any complexity. This Python-based framework is the number one choice for professionals worldwide.
Considering the rating of popular back-end frameworks, one cannot but mention Symfony. The framework is characterized by increased reliability and stability in organizing workflows. The main advantage of Symfony is the maximum simplification of work when creating a complex resource. It was based on this framework that Laravel was created.
The platform’s advantages include wide scalability, functionality expansion, and flexible settings. Symfony can be integrated with any CMS. This provides a large scale for optimizing software solutions.
Zend was built with version 5 of PHP. It is an object-oriented multifunctional system that is easy to operate. Many companies choose Zend for large projects to ensure maximum security.
Program codes in Zend can be reused, which is often a disadvantage due to the inability to increase the level of complexity of the source code. The framework has ready-made answers for solving more problems. In the absence of a model implementation, developers have the opportunity to create their variants. Such a right scares away many due to a need for sufficient experience.
To implement a large project in 2023, you should pay special attention to choosing the proper framework because only some platforms have the necessary functionality to solve complex problems.
The most important thing is not to be guided by popularity but to take into account the features of your project. A competent approach will allow you to choose a framework that will fully satisfy your needs.