Has your team lost some of its shine? Has there been a dip in morale? According to Salesforce, 69% of sales professionals say their job is harder now than in previous years.
Sales training can help them get back to bringing their A-game. A great program can boost performance by an average of 19%, according to Gitnux. Brainshark says that companies with dynamic coaching programs achieve 28% higher win rates.
Here are five skills your team can master with the help of a great program.
When teams get on well, morale soars. High morale helps fuel a positive work culture, which is a key building block for a successful business. Happy workers outperform the competition by 20%, according to SnackNation.
When employees are happy at work, it also rubs off on customers. Their positive energy sparks a chain reaction that fosters strong customer loyalty. MyOperator says high employee satisfaction can boost customer advocacy by 12%.
Here are a few ways training classes can help reps forge strong ties:
- Encourage reps to work together through role-playing exercises.
- Iron out specific team challenges via custom workshops.
- Learn how to leverage collective expertise.
- Fuel a sense of unity through team-building activities.
Strengthen Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence (EQ) helps build strong rapport and trust with customers. This leads to more fruitful and long-lasting business relationships. A study by HR.com found salespeople with high EQ rake in 2x more revenue than those who have low to average EQ.
Strong EQ also helps reps stay cool and calm in the face of rough challenges. They’re also better able to cope with stress, which lays a foundation for a more stable career path. A study by Salesforce found high EQ can push turnover rates down by 20%.
Sales coaches can train reps how to:
- Become aware of your own emotions.
- Pick up on emotional cues from others.
- Deescalate tense situations.
- Tailor their approach to suit diverse clients.
Short attention spans and a flood of options make it a challenge to capture and retain buyers’ interest. However, storytelling can break through the noise and grab the buyer’s attention.
Stories also tug at the heartstrings. This creates a sense of empathy and makes the seller more relatable. A powerful story can increase conversions by 30%, according to Search Engine Watch.
In training, sales reps can learn how to:
- Use stories to build rapport and create trust.
- Structure stories effectively to craft compelling narratives.
- Connect with customers using their own personal stories.
- Nail the delivery and timing of the stories.
In sales, objections are like candy at a carnival. They come in all flavors and are a natural part of the experience. CallBell states salespeople hear objections from 8 out of 10 potential customers.
Fighting customer objections can be counterproductive. As Eckhart Tolle pointed out, “Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.” Sales trainers can help sales reps embrace objections as valuable opportunities for growth and success.
They can show you how to:
- Identify objections early.
- Address objections head-on.
- Reframe objections as questions.
- Provide clear and confident responses to objections.
Nail the Close
Imagine this: You’ve put your heart and soul into crafting the perfect sales pitch, addressing every concern, and building a strong rapport with your potential customer. The moment arrives for you to seal the deal, but silence hangs heavy in the air.
If you’re in sales, you’ve likely heard this mantra a hundred times: “Always be closing.” Sadly, many reps don’t take the plunge. SalesMate reports that 48% of sales calls end without an attempt to close.
- Recognize buying signals.
- Craft persuasive closing statements
- Seize the right moment.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Tailor the close to different personalities.
How To Choose the Best Sales Training Program
There’s a vast array of sales training programs you can pick from. Sometimes it can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. There are five essential elements to watch for to ensure you make the right choice.
Look for courses that:
- Include interactive exercises and real-life scenarios.
- Focus on practical skills that your team can use right away.
- Can be tailored to your team’s specific needs and challenges.
- Have trainers with relevant industry experience.
- Offer post-training support to keep the momentum going.
Sales teams are the heart and soul of any successful enterprise. As the legendary Zig Ziglar once said, “You don’t build a business. You build people, and people build the business.”
So, it’s crucial for your team to stay motivated and effective. The right sales training program can be the catalyst that propels your reps and your business to even greater heights of success.