Knotless box braids hairstyles to watch out for
In the world of natural hair, there are so many innovative and original takes on protective styles, such as hair braiding. Each exemplifies the creativity of Black culture, pushing the boundaries of innovation and providing those with the necessary talent with a new skill to pick up.
Knotless braids, also referred to as knotless box braids, are one of the most recent fashionable protective hairstyles. It’s hard to imagine box braids existing without this elegant and adaptable design. Yet the style’s popularity isn’t solely due to its aesthetic appeal. Also, they are actually kinder to the hair and scalp than the traditional box braids.
Let’s see some of the trendiest knotless box braids hairstyles on the internet and make them our own. But first, let’s understand the basics of it!
Understanding how these box braids hairstyles are made
Knotless box braids are braids without knots. Unlike traditional box braids, where the knot is used to secure the braid to your natural hair, hairstylists use your own hair to start the braiding process and gradually add the braiding hair to the style.
For women who don’t like the look of the knots at the start of the braids, it’s a trendier method. It is a braiding technique that looks very smooth and natural. And is also gentler on the scalp.
Having said that, conventional box braids are not that terrible. You can get a lovely protective hairdo by telling your stylist not to braid them too tightly.
Fashion it the way you want
Now that you have a fair idea about Knotless box braids, we have for you some of the best knotless box braids hairstyles that you can explore with human braiding hair extensions, like once from Indique hair.
Long and curls together
This is a fun and different way to style your knotless braids. You can leave the lower ends without the braids and curl them using a curling iron to get the desired look. This will surely make you stand out from the rest. You can also use ready-to-wear curly braids that will last the longest.
Blonde or not, you will love this style
Why not add blonde braid hair to your knotless braids for a balayage effect. This will elevate the look of your braid hairstyle. You can also leave the ends curly and wrap them up for a boho feel.
Bun them to beat the heat.
This is a great way to beat the heat and keep your hair away from your face. All you have to do is take the knotless box braids together and tie them up in a bun, and they are good to go. This hairstyle is great for days when you have too many things to care for and don’t want your hair to get in the way.
More is more with long box braid hair
To get realistic-looking braids, you must match your human braiding hair extensions to your natural hair. You will need more hair while making this braid and will have to keep the partitions clean and sleek. They are a fun style to experiment with.
You can add a mix of browns, caramel, and black to your look to make it more edgy and trendy.
Put your heart out for the world to see
Heart-shaped partings are a cute new style for those choosing thick knotless braids. Also, you can combine different hair colors to give a finished look with additional depth and highlighted roots.
Long and micro braids for win
The latest trend is micro braids that reach your knees. They might not be the most efficient or the quickest to complete (heavy sigh), but just look how adorable they are. Worth every millimeter and minute.
Add fun elements to your braids with beads
Medium knotless box braids are simple to care for and a great look for every day. Use beads at the lengths to give it a little more personality, and you’re set to go.
When you want to tie your hair and not
You can have a combination of styles with these Knotless box braid hairstyles. It’s for times when you want to keep your hair open as well as tied up. This look proves that your style doesn’t have to be monotonous, as they are a departure from the usual and will always draw attention to yourself.
- Unlike to traditional box braids, where tying the knot securely to your hair might be uncomfortable, knotless box braids do not have a knot.
- Contrary to box braids, knotless box braids don’t tighten the scalp.
- Box braids without knots are neater and appear more organic
- They are more durable than box braids.
- Knotless box braids are particularly lightweight because the hair flows easily and isn’t thick.
- Depending on the length, Knotless box braids take more time than box braids.
- Some women feel that the longer they leave their braids in, the more their hair begins to grow out of them.
- Knotless box braids are more expensive since they take longer to make than conventional box braids.
Protective hairstyles are designed to simplify your haircare routine, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore your hair entirely. Oh yes, the Knotless box braids still need to be cleaned.
- It’s crucial to take care of your scalp. Because of this, you should use clarifying and moisturizing products to maintain your root’s health while ensuring that your braids stay dry. Hair treatments or a hair serum are excellent for easing irritation if you experience itching or dryness.
- In order to keep your scalp and hair in good health, you should continue to wash your hair at least once a week. Concentrate at the scalp and let the residual lather gradually coat your hair length. Use a conditioner to your hair’s mid-lengths and ends after rinsing out the shampoo to moisturize your ends.
- To avoid the risk of mold growth, use a blow dryer to dry your braids properly. Knotless braids on women with curly hair may cause some frizz. It should, however, be something other than something that some styling gel and edge control can easily solve.
- Wrap a scarf over your hairline and tuck the length of your hair into a large silk bonnet at night to keep your braids out of the way and preserve the shape of your edges. You can also try a loose pineapple if you like.
Knotless braids provide a long-loved style with a more contemporary twist while also significantly reducing the risk of scalp and hair damage. This is what we call a win-win scenario. And if you want more benefits and exceptional results with your knotless box braid hairstyles, choose human braiding hair extensions from Indique hair.
SEE ALSO: Helpful Guide on Choosing Perfect Tattoo