Connect with us

Chiang Rai News

Chiang Rai Airport Closed After Nok Air 737 Skids Off Runway



Chiang Rai Airport Closed After Nok Air 737 Skids Off Runway

Airports of Thailand (AoT) report that a Nok Air Boeing 737-800 slid off the runway while landing in heavy rain at Chiang Rai’s Mae Fah Luang international airport.

According to the announcement issued by AoT, Nok Air Flight DD108 took off at 8 pm from Don Mueang airport and landed at Mae Fah Luang airport at 9 pm.

After slipping off the runway due to heavy rain, the aircraft was safely brought to a halt by the pilots. Passengers and crew members were safely transported to the passenger building. There were no injuries.

In response to the incident, an investigation was underway.

According to the announcement, the company provided passengers with snacks and drinks while they waited for their luggage.

Some passengers complained on Facebook that they weren’t provided with refreshments as announced by the airline. On Sunday, Nok Air cancelled all flights to Chiang Rai.

In addition, the runway at Mae Fah Luang Airport will be closed until further notice.

Chiang Rai Airport Closed After Nok Air 737 Skids Off Runway

Chiang Rai Passengers Bused to Chiang Mai

Nok Air has gained assistance from Thai Smile, Thai Vietjet, and Thai Air Asia to transport their departing passengers by bus from Chiang Rai Airport to Chiang Mai international airport.

Passengers can then travel from Chiang Mai to their destinations.

Despite low-cost airline claims that it assisted passengers with flight bookings, passengers continued to express anger at the airline.

Calls to its call center 1318 were reported to be busy for hours without anyone picking up. As the line was busy, they only received an automated reply apologizing for any inconvenience.

Additionally, after other airlines had done so, Nok Air was criticized for not arranging buses to transport passengers to Chiang Mai airport.

According to one passenger, crew members kept most passengers in the aircraft for about an hour after the incident, allowing fewer than 20 to leave.

Eventually, passengers complained that it was difficult to breathe in the cabin, and they were allowed to disembark.

Continue Reading

CTN News App

CTN News App

Recent News


compras monedas fc 24

Volunteering at Soi Dog

Find a Job

Jooble jobs