A linear shower drain is a great way to keep your bathroom looking stylish and modern, but it can also be a pain to keep clean. Hair can clog the drain and cause you and your plumber a significant headache.
Fortunately, there are several ways to keep hair from clogging up your linear shower drain. Linear shower drains are an attractive addition to any bathroom. However, it can be a challenge to keep hair out of them.
To ensure your shower drain remains clog-free, follow these tips:
1. Invest in a drain protector. Place a drain protector over the drain to catch hair and other debris before it enters the drain.
2. Clean the drain regularly. Use a brush to remove any hair or debris accumulated on the drain protector.
3. Apply a lubricant. Apply an oil, such as WD-40, to the drain to help the hair slide down more quickly.
4. Use a drain snake. Use a drain snake to remove hair and other debris from the drain manually.
5. Install a hair-catching device. Install a hair-catching device, such as a Hair Catcher, on the drain to prevent hair from entering the gutter.
Following these steps, you can keep your linear shower drain clog-free and look great.
Keeping hair out of a linear shower drain can be difficult, especially if you have long or thick hair.
The best way to prevent hair from clogging the drain is to take preventive steps. Here are some tips on how to keep hair out of a linear shower drain:
1. Purchase and use a drain cover. A drain cover is designed to catch hair before it enters the drain. Place the cover over the drain and make sure it is securely fastened.
2. Regularly clean the drain cover. It will prevent it from becoming clogged with hair and other debris. To clean, remove the lid and use a small brush to dislodge any hair.
3. Use a drain snake. A drain snake is a thin, flexible device that can remove any hair or debris accumulated in the drain.
4. Apply a drain protector. A drain protector is a mesh filter placed over the drain to catch any stray hairs that may enter the drain.
5. Install a drain guard. A drain guard is installed outside the drain to prevent hair from entering the gutter.
6. Use a shower cap when washing your hair. It will prevent hair from entering the drain while cleaning it.
7. Regularly clean the drain. It will help remove any hair or debris accumulated in the gutter.
8. Use a hair catcher. A hair catcher is placed in the drain to catch any hair that may enter the drain.
By following the tips above, you can help to keep your linear shower drain clear of hair. Regularly cleaning the drain cover, using a drain protector and a drain guard, and using a shower cap when washing your hair will help to prevent hair from entering the drain and clogging it.
Using Drain Covers and Hair Catchers
One simplest, most straightforward ways to keep hair from clogging your linear shower drain is to use a drain cover or hair catcher.
These are designed to catch hair and other debris before they can go down the drain and cause a clog.
There are a variety of drain covers and hair catchers on the market, so you can easily find one to fit your linear shower drain.
Using a Hair Trap
Opt for a hair trap if you want to use something other than a drain cover or hair catcher.
A hair trap is a device placed in the drain that physically traps hair and other debris before reaching the drain.
They are easy to install and an effective way to keep your linear shower drain free of clogs.
Using a Mesh Strainer
Another option is to use a mesh strainer. These are designed to fit over the drain and work by catching hair and other debris before it can reach the drain.
They are relatively inexpensive and easy to install and remove when it’s time to clean them.
Using a Liquid Drain Cleaner
Finally, you can also use a liquid drain cleaner to help keep your drain clear of clogs. Liquid drain cleaners are designed to break down hair and other debris so that you can easily flush it away.
However, it’s essential to make sure you use a drain cleaner that is safe for your linear shower drain.
Cleaning Your Linear Shower Drain Regularly
No matter which method you choose, cleaning your linear shower drain regularly is essential.
Hair, soap scum, and other debris can build up over time, and regular cleaning will help ensure that your drain stays free of clogs.
Keeping hair out of your linear shower drain can be challenging, but you can do it with the right tools and regular maintenance.
Using a drain cover, hair trap, mesh strainer, or liquid drain cleaner, you can help keep your linear shower drain free of clogs and look great.
Related CTN News: