Connect with us

News

In Gaza’s Khan Yunis, a UN Shelter Was Shelled, Sparking Fighting

Published

on

In Gaza's Khan Yunis, a UN Shelter Was Shelled, Sparking Fighting

(CTN News) – On the day before, Israeli air strikes and ground operations killed nine Gaza residents in Khan Yunis.

Gaza’s military offensive and invasion have killed at least 25,700 people, mostly women and kids.

The Israeli army released footage showing soldiers fighting amid ruined buildings after claiming to have encircled the city. Hamas’ press office reported fierce clashes in Khan Yunis and elsewhere overnight, while Gaza’s health ministry reported multiple deaths.

Four kids died in a bombing in Nuseirat camp on Thursday morning. Two tank rounds hit the UN shelter for displaced people Wednesday, killing nine and injuring 75. Lazzarini said the death toll might go up.

On social media platform X, Lazzarini said that the UN compound has been clearly marked as a UN facility.

“Buildings were ablaze” at the shelter after the strike, said interim UN humanitarian coordinator James McGoldrick. Trying to escape is impossible,” he said. The Israeli army said it is reviewing the operations of its forces nearby.

Vedant Patel, spokesman for the State Department, said civilians should be protected, and UN facilities should be respected.

Palestinians inspected Rafah on Wednesday after a strike destroyed a mosque there. As a result of Israeli instructions, Mohammed Barbakh, who had been displaced from Khan Yunis, headed to Rafah.

There have been mounting calls for a ceasefire following the death of 24 soldiers in the army’s deadliest day since it launched ground operations in Gaza.

In Gaza, 21 Israeli soldiers were killed in an operation to demolish a Palestinian neighbourhood.

“Stop the bloodshed” banner carried by protesters blocking a Tel Aviv street during a demonstration to demand Hamas release its captives.

It’s time for a ceasefire. All the hostages should be brought home,” said protester Sapir Sluzker Amran. Only agreements can bring the hostages home, there is no military solution.” According to Netanyahu, the war will continue until Hamas’ “aggression and evil” is destroyed.

He said, “This is a war for the future of our country.” In exchange for a ceasefire, Brett McGurk, Biden’s Middle East envoy, was in the region for talks.

Sources familiar with the talks said a Hamas delegation traveled to Cairo on Tuesday to meet Egypt’s intelligence chief and discuss new ceasefire proposals.

105 hostages were released in November after a brief truce agreement facilitated by Egypt and Qatar.

According to reports, Netanyahu told the captives‘ families this week that Qatar’s mediation was “problematic,” accusing it of funding Hamas. The Gulf state considers these remarks irresponsible and destructive to efforts to save innocent lives. There are fears that the Gaza war will spark a wider escalation of violence throughout the Middle East, involving Iran-backed Hamas allies.

A US Navy destroyer shot down two missiles fired by Yemen’s Houth fighters in their latest attack on the commercially important Red Sea waterway. Despite repeated US and British strikes against them, the Houthis later confirmed responsibility for the attack.

SEE ALSO:

Saudi Arabia to Open First Alcohol Shop in 70+ Years for Non-Muslim Expats in Riyadh

Continue Reading

CTN News App

CTN News App

české casino

Recent News

BUY FC 24 COINS

compras monedas fc 24

Volunteering at Soi Dog

Find a Job

Jooble jobs

Free ibomma Movies