Bitcoin and the crypto industry has transformed the financial landscape in the recent past. With several institutional investors hopping onto the crypto bandwagon, the interest in crypto is at a high.
While making an assessment about crypto it is important to understand what other investment options are available and make an objective comparison. Investors should also keep in mind that they should invest based on their financial goals and risk tolerance.
We need to compare Bitcoin to regular assets like gold and property before deciding where to put our investment money. This article examines Bitcoin vs. traditional investments. It looks at their good and bad points to see which might be the better choice.
In the past few years, investors have gotten into crypto assets. How much they trade and how much they’re worth zoomed up in 2017, went down for a couple of years, then shot back up in 2020. When Bitcoin values jump around a lot, it can be exciting and make big profits.
On really good days, the crypto market might seem like quick and easy money. This is particularly true for the smaller, more volatile altcoins. However, these high points are often followed by drops too. Bitcoin has been in the game for a while, but many new altcoins have come and gone.
Crypto shares some traits with stocks. You’re always going to take some risk with any investment. However, investing in crypto and traditional assets is not the same. Let’s explore the benefits of putting your money in both types of assets.
Trade BTC to INR with ZebPay India’s largest crypto exchange.
- Finite supply and deflationary nature: One of the most appealing aspects of crypto is its decentralized nature. It is not controlled by central banks that print money. Some investors call crypto digital gold because they believe it will protect them from inflation. Cryptos like Bitcoin are also finite which puts it in the same conversation as gold.
- Growing crypto projects: In the early crypto days, only a few projects could be invested in, but growing demand has changed that. These days, crypto coins are released regularly, and there are many thousands to choose from.
- Technological innovations: Several crypto tokens solve real-world problems. Tokens particularly Bitcoin and Ethereum have changed the way we understand money and data sharing. Crypto is also a relatively open playing field where anyone with a good idea can invent and the market decides if the idea is a good fit or not.
- Growing interest from large institutions: Crypto, particularly Bitcoin has garnered interest from several notable institutions who have filed for Spot Bitcoin ETF applications. In the event that these ETF applications are approved, we could see an increase in investor participation.
- A long history of returns: Investing in stocks has often shown good returns. Stocks can sometimes change quickly in value, but they’ve generally kept their worth when owned for many years provided that the companies are fundamentally strong.
- Intrinsic value: A stock is like owning a piece of a company. The value of the stock depends on how well the company is doing. It’s like this: companies have products that earn money and create cash flow for the people who invest in them. This makes the stock valuable.
- Accessible: Investing in stocks is simpler, with many online brokers offering no-fee trades. Users can put their money in a single firm or an index fund that holds a mix of many stocks. Index funds let users build a wide-ranging portfolio, which is a good option if they don’t have a ton of money to start.
The benefits, challenges, and opportunities in crypto will evolve in the coming years. Regulations are being framed at a fast pace at an international level. Meanwhile, the stock market continues to evolve, having gone through most of its issues years ago.
Some crypto tokens have skyrocketed in value since their introduction in recent years, but investors must understand what they are investing in rather than jumping in because other crypto traders are. Assess your risk tolerance and financial needs before investing in crypto. Users should do their due diligence and only invest in what they can fully understand.
You can Buy Bitcoin through ZebPay and join the millions already trading on the platform.
Disclaimer: Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. Each investor must do his/her own research or seek independent advice if necessary before initiating any transactions in crypto products and NFTs.
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the article belong solely to the author, and not to ZebPay or the author’s employer or other groups or individuals. ZebPay shall not be held liable for any acts or omissions, or losses incurred by the investors. ZebPay has not received any compensation in cash or kind for the above article and the article is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information.