Before starting this article, it’s important to underline that silicone as the core material for a wedding band or ring for either men or woman was totally a non-existent idea. These products have surged in popularity in contemporary times because they make a viable alternative to traditional and let’s admit, weddings bands and gold or diamond rings for some folks.
- People choosing silicone wedding pieces often make the decision because these pieces offer a multitude of benefits over conventional ring choices. Safety is one of them.
- Unlike metal bands, silicone rings are not conductors of electricity. They can shatter and break.
- If you want to wear them just about everywhere, say from office to the gym or your weekend trips, silicone is fully reliable.
- Silicone rings have a rich variety as well. They come in a wide range of styles and colors. For example, mensrings.co can provide a traditional collection along with the most modern slants.
- They have flecks of beautiful, precious metal to create that shine and shimmer. The designs are truly unique.
- How can you not talk about affordability? The price tag doesn’t cross $50 for most products.
Some Common Benefits of Silicone Wedding Bands
If you’re thinking of replacing your good, old wedding ring with a chic silicone band, but are still in two minds, read on.
- Silicone is absolute anti-degloving. They are flexible and you design them to crumble under fierce pressure. It protects your fingers, eliminating any degloving risk.
- Silicone is also safe from other things. Its heat-resistant and non-conductive, which ensures that the pieces don’t put you in any form of danger.
- There’s no fear of loosing your real wedding band or ring in the water. There are countless people who lose their precious ring while swimming in the sea or pool.
- Swimming creates movements. When you combine them with slippery fingers, it doesn’t take much time for you ring to just slip off.
- A silicone wedding band is safe and snug, even when you’re swimming.
- It’s incredibly light. If your wedding or engagement ring feels too heavy on you and makes you uncomfortable, fret not. Silicone rings will tell you how comfortable and light things can be.
- The best thing is you can choose a different hue every day. These rings come in a dash of colors. You’ve the leverage of choosing a new one every day for matching your attire or mood.
Silicone Wedding Bands Defying the Elements
Being a versatile material and incredible features like resistance to egregious temperatures and water, and malleability and flexibility, it’s easy to conclude why silicone is your best bet to wear in adventures or outdoor activities/sports. It has two outstanding assets, non-conduction and grip.
- Since premium silicone bands wrap naturally around your skin, repel water and sweat with rubber-centric properties, and grip the gear tightly, they don’t move around or flinch like metal.
- They are slippery even when they are wet. Since it doesn’t conduct electricity, it’s safe up against a lighting strike or ice pack.
Modern silicone bands are break-smart and super tough. You can scuff the bands on your dumbbells, scraggy road, or bike handlebars.