The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a membership association acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of the Asia Pacific travel and tourism industry.
In partnership with PATA’s private and public sector members, we enhance the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism to, from and within the region.
The Chiang Rai Chapter organizing committee has already met to form the board and heads of the 39th PATA Chapter. Committees formed include education, membership, activities and public relations.
Justin Malcolm, General Manager of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort was elected Chairman of the Chapter, with Marc Dumur, General Manager of The Legend Resort as Vice-Chairman.
“As we see the number of international arrivals in Chiang Rai increase, and the destination becomes better known, the time is right to ensure the needs of these travellers are represented,” said Mr Malcolm. “Chiang Rai is a charming province well known for its arts and culture. Our primary objective is to ensure we responsibly protect that heritage, whilst exploring ways to offer value and unique experiences to travellers.”
The Chapter’s long-term goals include developing a sustainable tourism development plan in a joint effort with the Provincial Office of Tourism & Sport, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and the private sector.
An additional objective is to promote Chiang Rai as a must-see destination and a convenient gateway to the Mekong.
Since 1951 PATA has led from the front as the leading voice and authority on travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region
- In partnership with private and public sector members, PATA enhances the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism to-from-and-within, the region.
- The Association provides leadership and counsel on an individual and collective basis to over 80 government, state and city tourism bodies; nearly 50 international airlines, airports and cruise lines and many hundreds of travel industry companies across the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
- PATA’s Strategic Intelligence Centre (SIC) offers unrivalled data and insights including Asia Pacific inbound and outbound statistics, analyses and forecasts as well as in-depth reports on strategic tourism markets
- PATA’s events are create millions of dollars of new business each year for its members
- Thousands of travel professionals belong to 39 active PATA chapters worldwide and participate in a wide range of PATA and industry events.
- The PATA Foundation contributes to the sustainable and responsible development of travel and tourism in Asia Pacific through the protection of the environment, the conservation of heritage and support for education.