If you are planning to visit Canada for tourism or business, or to meet with a friend or a family member, you might need to obtain a Canada Visit Visa. A Canada Visitor Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa that allows a holder to visit Canada.
It is an official document that proves that you have met the requirements to enter the country as a temporary resident. Applying for a Canada Visitor Visa will cost you CAD$230.
Application for a Canada Visitor Visa can be done online through an IRCC website, or it can be done at a Canadian embassy.
The online process usually takes less time. If you choose to apply online, then you should note that you must have a credit card to pay for the application fee, processing fee, and biometric fees.
And you should also have a scanner to create electronic copies of your documents. Some of the documents you would require, to apply for a Canada Visit Visa is:
- A valid passport.
- Two passport photographs.
- Your Canada Visitor Visa application form.
- A letter stating the purpose of your visit to Canada.
- Letter of Invitation (If you are traveling to Canada as a parent or as a grandparent, you would need to obtain an invitation letter from the child or grandchild that you intend to meet).
- Receipts of paid fees (this includes the receipt of your application processing fee and biometric fee).
- Bank statements.
- Medical Report that states that you are in good health.
- Identification documents such as a birth certificate, or a valid driver’s license.
Note: There may be other documents not listed here that are required for your application process. You should also note that if your documents are not in the required formats, your application may be returned and the fee would not be refunded.
What Canada Visitor Visa Should I Apply For
The type of Visitor Visa to apply for solely depends on your reason for visiting Canada. If you are visiting Canada for business reasons, you should apply for a Business Visa.
If you are visiting as a tourist, you should apply for a Tourist Visa. And if you are visiting to meet with your child or grandchild, then you should apply for a Super Visa. A Canada Visitor Visa is valid for six months.
Cost of a Canada Visitor Visa
The application fee for a Canada Tourist Visa, a Business Visa, or a Super Visa per person is CAD$100.
You would also be charged CAD$85 for the submission of biometrics and CAD$45 for passport processing, so the whole process will cost you CAD$230.You can choose to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa as a person or as a family.
The Canada Visitor Visa application fee for a family of 5 costs CAD$500. If you are applying as a family, then all members of the family must apply at the same time.
- If your visa is approved, you would only need to submit biometrics once every ten years.
- If your visa is not approved, your fees will not be refunded.
- All fees are to be paid in Canadian Dollars, so you would need to check the conversion rate of Canadian Dollars to your country’s currency to know how much the whole process would cost at your country’s rate.
Categories of Canada Visit Visa
Canada Visit Visa is categorized into two; single-entry visa and multiple-entry visa. They both cost the same.
You don’t need to choose what type of visa you get. The type of visa that will be issued to you would depend on your reason for traveling to Canada.
- Single-entry visa: with a single-entry visa, you would be allowed to travel to Canada once and allowed to stay for a period of six months. Once you leave Canada, you would have to apply for a new visa before you can be allowed to return.
- Multiple-entry visa: a multi-entry visa allows you to visit and leave Canada as many times as you like during its validity. Multiple-entry visitor visas will be valid for up to ten years or one month
The normal processing time for a Canada Visit Visa is 2 weeks. But a Canada Business Visa may take up to 3 weeks to be processed.
The processing time for a Canada Visitor Visa varies, depending on your case, so you would need to be patient. The processing time also depends on the country you live in.
Eligibility Requirements for a Canada Visit Visa
To be deemed eligible to apply for a Canada Visit Visa, you must fulfill the requirements below:
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be at least 18 years old to be the primary applicant.
- You must have no criminal history or immigration-related convictions.
- You must prove that you have enough funds to cover your stay in Canada. The minimum fund you should have depends on the length of your stay and the purpose of your visit.
- You must prove that you have reasons to return to your home country once your stay is over.
- You must prove that you are in good medical condition.
The eligibility requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa may also vary depending on the profile of the applicant.
The cost of applying for a Canada Visit Visa depends on the number of applicants and the type of visa you are applying for.
If you are applying for a Canada Visit Visa for the first time, it would cost you CAD$230. So, with CAD$230, you will be able to get a Canada Visitor Visa.
To avoid getting your Canada Visit Visa application denied, you must not provide any false information on your visa application.
You must also make sure you fill in all units on the application and that your passport is valid.
If you for some reason decide to extend your stay in Canada, you can apply for a visitor record. A visitor record allows you to extend your stay, but you can only apply for it while your Visit Visa is valid.
Related CTN News: