HENAN – A kindergarten teacher in central China has been detained by police after 23 kindergarten students in China’s Henan province were rushed to the hospital after their teacher allegedly poisoned their porridge.
The children were rushed to hospital after eating their morning porridge at the kindergarten in Jiaozuo city, Henan province, state media reported.
Local law enforcement authorities stated that the affected students reportedly began vomiting and losing consciousness shortly after having breakfast and were immediately rushed to the hospital.
One victim is still being treated in hospital after suffering severe symptoms. Meanwhile, 7 other children are being monitored. The rest have since been discharged.
A father of one of the children told local reporters that doctors had to pump his child’s stomach to reduce the level of poison that was found in his blood.
While the teacher’s motive is still being investigated, the Daily Star reports that Wang is believed to have poisoned the porridge to exact revenge on a colleague.
Meanwhile, it was discovered that the children suffered from nitrite poisoning. One of the students’ parents was quoted as saying,
“My child said the porridge tasted bitter and salty when it was supposed to taste sweet.”
Now, while investigations are still ongoing, the region’s education bureau halted operations at the kindergarten and its students are currently attending classes in other schools in the meantime.
Well, it’s good to know that this teacher is in police custody! Meanwhile, let’s hope that the affected children make a complete recovery.