BANGKOK – The Education Ministry has come up with an idea of getting General Prayuth’s 12 core values adopted more seriously by putting them in school textbooks.
The Education Ministry will launch a series of campaigns to enhance public awareness of Prayuth’s 12 core values. The campaigns will comprise TV advertisement spots, composition of new soul-stirring songs, short films, and adjustment of teacher development courses.
The 12 values will later be integrated into students’ curricula, which will be adjusted so as to enhance a sense of national identity and patriotic feeling among the youth.
A special committee chaired by the Education Ministry will be set up to map out the operation strategies and oversee the campaign implementation.
The 12 national core values include upholding the nation, religion and monarchy, respect for parents, guardians and teachers, preservation of Thai traditions and culture.
From this year’s second semester onwards, students at all levels will be required to recite the “12 core values of the Thai people”, either as part of their daily flag-raising ceremony or in class, Kamol Rodklai, chief of the Office of the Basic Education Commission
General Prayuth’s 12 Core Values:
1. Upholding the nation, the religions and the Monarchy, which is the key institution
2. Being honest, sacrificial and patient with positive attitude for the common good of the public
3. Being grateful to the parents, guardians and teachers
4. Seeking knowledge and education directly and indirectly
5. Treasuring the precious Thai tradition
6. Maintaining moral, integrity, well-wishes upon others as well as being generous and sharing
7. Understanding, learning the true essence of democratic ideals with His Majesty the King as the Head of State
8. Maintaining discipline, respectful of laws and the elderly and seniority
9. Being conscious and mindful of action in line with His Majesty’s the King’s statements
10. Practicing the philosophy of Sufficiency Economy of His Majesty the King. Saving money for time of need. Being moderate with surplus used for sharing or expansion of business while having good immunity
11. Maintaining both physical and mental health and unyielding to the dark force or desires, having sense of shame over guilt and sins in accordance with the religious principles
12. Putting the public and national interest before personal interest.