Connect with us

Chiang Rai News

House Fire in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai District Claims the Life of 52 Year-old Thai Man

Published

on

 

CHIANG RAI  – Police and rescue officials have recovered the body of a 52 year-old Thai man after fire rescue personnel were called to a house fire in Mae Sai District early yesterday.

Lt. Col. Sivasit Khempan,(Translated from Thai) of the Mae Sai Police Station told Thai Media that at approximately 08:30 AM Police and fire crews were called to a fire at a 2 story wooden house, No. 40, Moo 1, T. Ban Thian, Mae Sai District, Chiang Rai Province.

The Ban Thian Sub district Municipality send fire crews to extinguish the fire, which took more than an hour and a half to put out the fire.

Upon a search of the home after the fire was extinguished fire crews found the charred body of 52 year-old Mr. Sanit Pakkan Kaew (Translated from Thai)

A preliminary investigations found that the deceased had been drinking heavily before the incident, investigators believe the fire was created by an electrical short circuit but will coordinate with the evidence officer to find out the exact cause.

Source: Chiang Rai Report