(CTN News) – The latest iPhone software update, iOS 16, was released on Monday.
Apple’s new software update can help you organize your photos and clean up your library if you’re like me and clutter your Photos app with duplicate pictures.
Apple is introducing a new feature called “duplicate detection” that helps you aggregate all of your repetitive shots. It’s only available on iOS 16, which you can download if you have an iPhone 8 or later.
This new feature can help you free up wasted storage space.
You can delete duplicate photos on iOS 16 by following these steps.
How To delete duplicate photos on iOS 16
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Scroll down and tap Albums.
- Scroll down to the Utilities section in Albums.
- Duplicates can be found under the Utilities section.
- You’ll see duplicate matches and a merge option.
- You can delete duplicate photos by tapping Merge.
- Choose Select in the top right corner to select multiple photos at once to go through your duplicates faster. Alternatively, you can select to merge all duplicate photos detected by iOS 16.
You’re done! This function allowed me to delete 1,437 duplicate photos, freeing up lots of storage space and streamlining my Photos app.
This only works if you have installed the update. Go to Settings > General > About to find out. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update if iOS 16 isn’t listed.
Related CTN News: