Players of WORDLE will discover a whole new vocabulary.
Fans are asking what ‘trove’ means due to the US spellings and words like caulk that cause confusion. There are still many fans who don’t understand what exactly a trove is? Let’s get started.
What does trove mean?
In phrases such as “treasure trove”, the word is often associated with treasure.
However, a trove can also refer to an accumulated collection of valuable objects. As an example, “a trove of rare documents”.
In the context of finding treasure, the word is derived from the French trouvé, meaning found. It was the answer to Wordle puzzle #249, and it got Twitter talking.
Twitter users had fun with the answer, with one tweeting: “A bit tricky! Can only be solved with a trove of fancy words!”
“A treasure trove of the mind,” said another.
Another user tweeted: “Wordle is a treasure trove of different words.”
Others, however, were less enthusiastic, with one asking: “What kind of word is ‘TROVE’?”?”
The web-based game Wordle was developed by Welsh-born software engineer Josh Wardle.
While Reddit was in lockdown, the former employee and his wife created the game. Each player has six chances to guess a five-letter word. The color of the tiles will change as you input words to help you figure out what it could be.
An orange tile indicates a letter that is in the word but in the wrong place. Green tiles indicate that you have the right letter and position.
When a tile turns gray, it is not in the word and will be indicated on the game’s onscreen keyboard.
A daily challenge is presented to players, with statistics showing your previous guess attempts totaled up at the end of each game.
What were the Wordle clues for trove?
There were clues that the word began with the letter T and ended with the letter E.
Today’s Wordle word has two vowels.
Another clue was that it was associated with treasure.
Wordle solutions are known to cause a stir on social media.
There is nothing funnier than seeing a user’s not-so-funny spelling of the word of the day on Twitter.
Using the American spelling of the word “humor” displeases some players.
A previous puzzle on January 12, 2022, caused similar outrage for dropping the U in Favor, with Favor being the answer of the day.
Wordle answers so far in February 2022 include:
- February 23, 2022, #249: TROVE
- February 22, 2022, #248: THORN
- February 21, 2022, #247: OTHER
- February 20, 2022, #246: TACIT
- February 19, 2022, #245: SWILL
- February 18, 2022, #244: DODGE
- February 17 2022, #243: SHAKE
- February 16, 2022, #242: CAULK
- February 15, 2022 #241: AROMA
- February 14, 2022 #240: CYNIC
- February 13, 2022 #239: ROBIN
- February 12, 2022 #238: ULTRA
- February 11, 2022 #237: ULCER
- February 10, 2022 #236: PAUSE
- February 8, 2022 #234: FRAME
- February 7, 2022 #233: ELDER
- February 6, 2022 #232: SKILL
- February 5, 2022 #231: ALOFT
- February 4, 2022 #230: PLEAT
- February 3, 2022 #229: SHARD
- February 2, 2022 #228: MOIST
- February 1, 2022 #227: THOSE