27.9 C

22-Year-Old Man Electrocuted to Death While Charging His Cell Phone in North Thailand

Must read

NAKHON RATCHASIMA – A 22-year-old man has been found electrocuted to dead in his apartment while holding his phone in his hands in the northeaster province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

The man was reportedly waiting for a relative to arrive for a visit at his rented apartment, however, when the relative arrived at the unit, the door was locked and no one responded.

Fearing something might had gone wrong, the relative broke into the apartment to find the 22 year-old relative dead, holding on to his cell phone cable that was plugged into the wall socket and that he had burn marks on his fingers.

An autopsy revealed the victim had died of electrocution five hours before the relative arrived, according to Thai media.

The victim’s mother described her son as ‘hard working’. She said from a young age he would travel to the market with his parents to help them sell vegetables.

The death comes months after a factory worker was electrocuted charging his phone and using earphones at the same time in Thailand.

Kritsada Supol was found dead on his mattress with his Samsung device plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable in February.

By Geoff Thomas

More News

learn spanish online

Latest News