Connect with us


Witnesses say 20 Year Old British Woman Invented Rape Story



The alleged scene of the crime: Police comb the second-floor balcony of the building in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand, where a British student was found weeping


NAKHON SI THAMMARAT – A British student who claimed she had been gang raped in Thailand after moving there two weeks ago may now be charged with ‘crying wolf’ over her allegation.

The 20-year-old said she was attacked in the early hours of Saturday morning by four Thai men, in the southern provincial capital of Nakorn Sri Thammarat, but witnesses have made this scenario seem unlikely.

The young Scottish woman was said to have been repeatedly raped, but witnesses say that she was in fact escorted back to her room for her own safety because she was so drunk.

Police said the girl was drunk and had been left by a fellow traveler from South Africa, believed to be her boyfriend. Both had been advised to leave the bar because of their condition, it was claimed.

Jatuporn Mongkolkarun, the bar and restaurant owner, explained: ‘I had a member of the security staff escort the young woman to her room’.

A key witness who lives next door to the Scottish student, thought to be from Fort William, said she heard the 20-year-old come back home swearing at 3.45am.

The witness Noi Raksachon,33, said she did indeed hear a man come to her room, but he encouraged her to go downstairs for fear that she would fall from the balcony.

The student had only arrived two weeks earlier and was waiting to hear if she had been successful after applying for a job as a teacher.

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had apparently taken a break from studying at university.

Police said the girl had become separated from her boyfriend in the street when they were both refused entry to a late-night restaurant because they had been drinking heavily.

She had earlier been in Rock 99 Bar in Thawang Market before heading to the Nakorn Vientiane Restaurant – popular because it serves after hours drinks.

Police Lt. Col. Niti Boonjan, in charge of the investigation, said: ‘She had scratches on her body and she was taken to hospital for forensic tests. She was found crying on the second floor balcony.’

However, now police will await forensic tests to see if there is any basis to the girl’s story.

If she is found to have made false allegations, the young woman would face immediate imprisonment pending trial. She would also be presented with bills from the police and hospital.

In June last year Stevie Bamford from Sydney, Australia was jailed for 15 days after making false rape allegations to police on the Thai holiday island of Phuket. Her one month sentence was cut in half because she pleaded guilty.

By Alex Gore, Andrew Drummond and Victoria Allen – Mail Online

The CTNNews editorial team comprises seasoned journalists and writers dedicated to delivering accurate, timely news coverage. They possess a deep understanding of current events, ensuring insightful analysis. With their expertise, the team crafts compelling stories that resonate with readers, keeping them informed on global happenings.

Continue Reading