The rate of new cases per capita in Alaska jumped from the fourth highest to the third-highest. Per capita, the other ranked state has a majority of almost 600 backlogs of cases from Bethel Census Area as reported Wednesday by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. One increase of 24% was caused by the inclusion of older cases. New cases were added during the week of February 25-3. In March, new cases were added.
Alaska has had 359.9 new cases per 100,000 residents over the past week, just behind Idaho’s rate of 366.9, according to the CDC.
Currently, 39 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, of whom three require a respirator. The people hospitalized with COVID-19 make up only 3.1% of all hospitalized in Alaska.
According to the hospital’s data dashboard, there are 28 beds available in intensive care units across Alaska, but only four in Anchorage. Alaska has experienced 1,201 COVID-19-related deaths during the coronavirus pandemic, of which 33 were non-resident deaths.
A state dashboard for vaccine monitoring indicates that vaccination rates remained largely stagnant. 71.2% of Alaskans and military members have received one dose, while 64% have completed their primary series. Furthermore, 26.9% of Alaska residents have received booster shots.
In Alaska, 32.6% of residents are up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, and 35.6% have not had the vaccine.
At present, six census areas and boroughs are below a high level of dispersal of the COVID-19 community, including Aleutians East Borough and Wrangell City and Borough, which are both at low alert levels.
Alaska residents in the following communities were among the 621 cases reported over the past two days:
- Anchorage: 101
- Bethel Census Area: 93 in 17 communities
- Kusilvak Census Area: 39 in 7 communities
- Name: 39
- Nome Census Area: 30 in 6 communities
- Northwest Arctic Borough: 27 in 7 communities
- Dillingham Census Area: 22 in 5 communities
- Kenai: 20
- Fairbanks: 18
- Hoonah-Angoon and Yakutat combined: 17 in 3 communities
- Valdez: 17
- Juneau: 16
- Bethel: 15
- Soldiers: 15
- Seat: 11
- Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area: 11 out of 5 communities
- Greater Palmer area: 10
- Kotzebue: 10
- Eagle River: 9
- Greater Wasilla area: 9
- Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area: 9 in 3 communities
- Code: 8
- Bristol Bay / Lake and Peninsula combined: 7 in 2 communities
- Haines: 7
- Ketchikan: 7
- Skagway: 5
- Aleuterne East Borough: 4
- Cordova: 4
- North Pole: 4
- Kenai Peninsula Borough South: 3
- Girdwood: 2
- Healy: 2
- Hooper Bay: 2
- Juneau: 2
- Nikiski: 2
- North Slope Borough: 2 in 2 communities
- Petersburg: 2
- Sterling: 2
- Anchor point: 1
- Chevak: 1
- Chugiak: 1
- Copper River Census Area: 1
- Craig: 1
- Denali Borough: 1
- Homer: 1
- Kenai Peninsula Borough North: 1
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough: 1
- Mat-Su Borough: 1
- Seward: 1
- Sutton-Alpine: 1
- Development: 1
- Pill: 1.