Problem skin – a definition used in relation to skin prone to excessive dryness or oiliness, the appearance of acne, vascular defects, pigmentation, and other cosmetic defects.
Signs of problem skin are an unhealthy color, areas of redness, an uneven bumpy surface, enlarged pores, acne breakouts, comedones, etc.
Teenagers and people suffering from diseases of the endocrine and digestive systems often encounter similar phenomena.
To solve certain skin problems, you need a dermatologist’s consultation, good skin care products, a gastroenterologist’s, an endocrinologist’s, a gynecologist’s consultation, a comprehensive medical examination, the elimination of identified endogenous disorders, and the organization of proper skin care.
The problem of acne is associated with a violation of the work of the sebaceous gland and the process of keratinization.
As a result of the accumulation of skin sebum and keratinized skin cells that have not been exfoliated, comedones, known to us as “blackheads”, are formed.
In addition, excess sebum creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of Propionibacterium acnes bacteria (normally present on the skin) and other pathogenic flora, which causes an inflammatory process on the skin and the appearance of typical acne elements – red papules, purulent pustules, etc.
Rashes on the skin are not so often the result of external influences, because the natural covering of the body has its own powerful mechanisms of protection against environmental threats.
But it is much more difficult for the skin to face internal problems because it does not expect “attacks” from this side.
It is such deep problems in the body’s work that often become the real cause of skin imperfections, due to which it is usually called “problematic”.
And if until the age of 20, there is a standard refusal – “it’s a teenager, it will pass”, then at an older age constant rashes on the skin indicate health problems.
Thus, disturbances in the work of internal organs can be reflected in aesthetically unpleasant and even painful acne. But this is not always the case.
The reason for the appearance of ugly rashes on the face can be psychological disorders, nervous exhaustion, depression, as well as gaps in skin care.
If a rash on the forehead appeared and continues to persist, despite careful care and visits to a cosmetologist, there is a high probability that there are some problems with the work of the intestines and/or gall bladder.
So, first of all, it is worth reviewing the composition of your diet.
First of all, nutritionists and dermatologists advise removing flour and fatty products from your diet, as well as sweets, limit the use of alcohol, sometimes even coffee.
However, also consider the fact that the forehead is a problem area for most people. It belongs to the notorious T-zone, which shines in almost everyone, and requires special attention from people of different ages and skin types.
The fact is that the largest number of sebaceous glands is located on the frontal part of the face. The formation of small rashes, acne, and deep subcutaneous acne on the skin depends on their intensive work and inaccuracies in it.
If you do not know how to get rid of acne on the face forever, first of all, seek qualified help from a dermatologist. When applied in the early stages, there is a high probability of preventing severe forms of acne and its consequences – post-acne.
At the initial examination, the main task of the dermatocosmetologist is to determine the form and severity of acne and, in accordance with the established diagnosis, to prescribe treatment.
- comedonal forms of acne;
- papulopustular forms (acne papulopustulosa);
- nodular forms of acne (acne nodosa/conglobata).
- first degree – characterized by open or closed comedones;
- the second degree is the most common form, in addition to comedones, papules appear, which, as the process progresses, transform into pustules (red areas raised above the surface of the skin with white pus in the center);
- the third degree – pronounced papulopustular rash, single cysts of sebaceous glands, in addition to the face, the skin of the chest, back, and forearms are also affected;
- the fourth degree is the most severe course due to the formation of deep inflammatory nodular infiltrates that form abscesses and resolve with scars.
No matter what form of acne you have, or what area of your skin is affected, or you don’t know how to get rid of pimples on the forehead, or how to get rid of pimples on the back, the first step is always proper home care.
It is a mandatory stage in the fight against acne and should include:
- skin preparation – cleaning with a mild detergent that does not contain oily components, an additional cleansing mask in the evening, and a soft, finely dispersed scrub in the morning (if there are no pustules);
- toning and exfoliation – we restore the pH of the skin;
- calm the skin – apply a restorative cream, skin with acne needs moisturizing.
After the above steps, the skin is ready to apply the treatment.
Related CTN News: