Connect with us

Chiang Rai News

Three Workers Dies After Inhaling Toxic Gas at Chiang Saen Rice Mill

Avatar of CTN News

Published

on

1 1

The victims were named as Lek Saithong, 41, Su Saengkaeo, 46, and Saikam Thaiyai, 35. They passed out while inside the tank.

 

 

CHIANG RAI – Police in Chiang Sea have reported that 3hree migrant workers from Myanmar died after inhaling a toxic gas while cleaning out a 3 metre-deep wastewater pond at a factory in Chiang Rai’s Chiang Saen district.

 Sanga Phrommueang, owner of the Wandee Phuetphol rice mill, told police on Wednesday the pond held wastewater released from a process to heat corn, Matichon Online reported.

The pond usually held only a small amount of wastewater. It had filled up during recent frequent rainfall.

The victims were named as Lek Saithong, 41, Su Saengkaeo, 46, and Saikam Thaiyai, 35. They passed out while inside the tank.

Two men went who in to clean the pond had collapsed. A man who rushed to help them also died.

Rescuers who managed to reach and retrieve the bodies said the gas gave off a sulphurous smell.

The company trades in farm products.

The CTNNews editorial team comprises seasoned journalists and writers dedicated to delivering accurate, timely news coverage. They possess a deep understanding of current events, ensuring insightful analysis. With their expertise, the team crafts compelling stories that resonate with readers, keeping them informed on global happenings.

Continue Reading

CTN News App

CTN News App

Recent News

BUY FC 24 COINS

compras monedas fc 24

Advertise here

Volunteering at Soi Dog

Find a Job

Jooble jobs

Free ibomma Movies