Charles Jones accused Murderer goes on Trial on September 18.

Charles Jones accused Murderer goes on Trial on September 18.
Charles Jones was New Zealand’s second president of the World Croquet Federation

 

 

Chiangrai Times – Mohammad Shanar Ryad the man alleged to have murdered Westport man Charles Jones will go to trial on September 18.

 

Mr Jones was murdered while on holiday in Thailand just over a year ago.

 

The 56-year-old was the New Zealand president of the World Croquet Federation and was on his way home from a world croquet tournament in London when he was stabbed to death in his hotel room in the Thai beach resort of Pattaya.

 

Brother-in-law Robert McMillan said the family was still discussing the possibility of one of them traveling to Thailand for the trial.

 

He expected they would be kept up to date by phone by the New Zealand embassy which had been looking after them very well.

 

Mr McMillan understood Mr Jones’ alleged murderer was an ex-Syrian commando who was not supposed to be in Thailand at the time.

 

He said the family was all doing fine a year after Mr Jones’ death.


Facebook Comments