American Tourist Daniel Gibbons Dies in Chiang Mai Hotel

American Tourist Daniel Gibbons Dies in Chiang Mai Hotel
Gibbons' body was taken to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai hospital for an autopsy
Gibbons’ body was taken to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai hospital for an autopsy

CHIANG MAI – Daniel Gibbons an American tourist has been found dead from a suspected drug overdose in a hotel room in Chiang Mai province on Thursday, police said.

 

Pol Capt Jirasak Nakham, an investigator at Muang Chiang Mai police station, said  Gibbons was found on a sofa in his room on the sixth floor of a hotel in tambon Chang Klan. He was wearing only a towel and there was a needle mark on his left arm.

Pol Capt Jirasak said a syringe and a white substance, believed to be a drug, were found in the bathroom and taken as evidence.

 

Police were told that Gibbons was travelling with a friend who was staying in another room. On Wednesday night his friend repeatedly knocked on the door of his room but there was no answer. When the hotel staff to unlock the door they found Daniel Gibbons dead.

 

Gibbons’ body was taken to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai hospital for an autopsy. Police have asked the United States consulate in Chiang Mai to inform his relatives.

 

Facebook Comments