The most famous tourist attraction in Chiang Rai is the Wat Phra Kaeo, which is famous for its Emerald Buddha, which was later shifted to Bangkok. The Gate of Siam is also a much frequented place and its one of those few places from where you can witness a panoramic view of the mighty Mekong River. Wat Doi Se Tung is another very important temple in Thailand, and it is believed to have the left collar bones of Lord Buddha enshrined in the twin pagodas. The way up to this mountain shrine offers fantastic views; a shutterbug’s true delight. Apart from the historical attractions, Chiang Rai has a lot on its platter to offer to travelers. It’s also a place where you can get fantastic souvenirs and a splendid cuisine for the culinary traveler.
Chiang Rai being a picturesque city, offers many sightseeing opportunities, and the best way to get around is bikes. They are readily available too, and you can set out at your own convenience in a relaxed mood. Car rentals are also easily available and it would be worth while to explore the surrounding areas, for which Chiang Rai serves as a good base to explore. Apart from a number of tourist attractions in the city, visitors can also enjoy a scenic drive to the city of Chiang Mai, which takes around 3 hours by car. For a more relaxed vacation, you can also try out the two international golf courses, Santiburi and The Old Airport, located outside the city. Chiang Rai is served by an international airport, and travelers can also arrive in the city by road directly from Bangkok.
Getting an accommodation in Chiang Rai is easy and Chiang Rai Hotels offer varied options, and travelers can choose from bed and breakfast types to luxurious ones. Travelers will find a host of desired facilities and services, and surprisingly, Chiang Rai hotels are also affordable at the same time. Most of the hotels in Chiang Rai are located in scenic surroundings and offer ample glimpses of the local life.
- Tim Burton’s ‘Wednesday’ Netflix Release Date, Cast, Trailer, And More August 18, 2022
- Wolfgang Petersen, Blockbuster Filmmaker And Director Of ‘Das Boot,’ Passes Away August 18, 2022
- Cisco Tops Revenue and Profit Estimates, Forecasts Sales Growth August 18, 2022
- Monkeypox Can Spread To Pet Dogs, According To Doctors Report August 18, 2022
- Tasmanian Tiger May Be Brought Back From Extinction By Scientists August 18, 2022
- Dodge Hornet Will Be Offering A Performance Package For The GLH in 2023 August 18, 2022
- Senator Lisa Murkowski & Kelly Tshibaka Advanced From Alaska’s Republican Primary August 18, 2022
- Elon Musk, The World’s Richest Person Is Not Buying Manchester United August 18, 2022