The incident happened when the girl, was standing on a chair too close to the wire fence around the tiger enclosure and was scratched in the head by a tiger, requiring two stitches.
According to the camp manager Vinai Charitchuen, the little girl couldn’t see the tigers so a family member put a chair for her to stand on very close to the cage, a tiger was startled and clawed her on the head through the cage.
Market executives met with the girl’s family at Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya police station and reportedly apologized and paid for the girl’s medical bill plus 15,000 baht compensation.
Vinai Charitchuen said the market would not permit visitors to enter the feeding area again and would install an additional layer of fencing.
Powered by Facebook Comments