|

Two Foreign 16 Year Old Teenagers Electrocuted at Bangkok Condo Swimming Pool

Their friends frantically called the condominium staff, asking that the electricity be cut, but the boys were killed

Their friends frantically called the condominium staff, asking that the electricity be cut, but the boys were killed

 

BANGKOK – A 16-year-old Iranian and his 16-year-old American friend were electrocuted by leaked current from a lamp pole beside a swimming pool of a Bangkok condominium late Thursday night, police said.

The Iranian teenager was identified as Daryush Hosseini and his American friend as Paul Doughenty.

Police said they were electrocuted beside the swimming pool on the ninth floor of the Charming Residence on Soi Sainamthip 2 off Soi Sukhumvit 22 at about midnight.

The two were not residents of the building but they visited friends who live there to swim with them.

Witnesses told police that Doughenty leaned on the lamp beside the pool after he had swum and short circuit occurred. Hosseini tried to pull him from the lamp pole but the two were electrocuted.

Their bodies will be sent to Chulalongkorn Hospital for an autopsy while the lamp will be inspected for leakage, Daily News
reported.
The Iranian teenager was identified as Daryush Hosseini and his American friend as Paul Doughenty

The Iranian teenager was identified as Daryush Hosseini and his American friend as Paul Doughenty

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=24574

Posted by on May 30 2014. Filed under Tourist in the News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Photo of White Beach in Boracay, Philippines

In Loving Memory of His Majesty the King

Photo of His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej
Learning Thai with Jen