Thai Woman Injured After a Smart Phone Catches Fire in Her Pants
The victim was identified as Ms Rungrat Thiromsook, who lives in a house in Village 7, Tambon Nong Ngu Louem, Nakhon Pathomâ€™s Muang district.
A worker at a machine shop near Wat Thung Ree, Ms Rungrat later told Thai PBS that she was sitting in the shop when the phone in her jeanâ€™s pocket vibrated as if a message came.
She said, she felt it was hot in the pocket and thought about getting the phone out of her pocket.
She then saw smoke emitting from the her pocket but still could not grab the phone as the heat in the pocket became unbearable, she screamed for help from her nearby co-workers, who rushed to her aide and managed to rip open the pocket, allowing the burning phone to fall to the floor.
Miss Rungrat was then rushed to Sanam Chan hospital where she was treated for second degree burns on her four right fingers, the left thumb, right side of the stomach and a leg.
Thailand’s director National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission in Suphan Buri, Mr Pongsakorn Kaewchannua later visited Miss Rungrat at her house to make an official enquiry.
He said that it was the responsibility of the NBTC to look into the case and that he would inform the NBTC head office in Bangkok to contact the dealer of the smart phone in question in order to claim compensation for the victim
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=40902