Learning Thai with Jen – At the Immigration Office
At the Immigration Office
THÊE SǍM-NÁK-NGAN TRÙAT KON-KÁO-MEUANG
- Hello, can I have your passport please?
SÀ-WÀT-DEE KRÁP/KÀ, KǍW PHÁT-SÀ-PÀWD DÛAI KRÁP/KÀ
- Here is my passport.
NÊE PHÁT-SÀ-PÀWD KǍWNG PHǑM/CHǍN KRÁP/KÀ
- How do I apply for a tourist visa?
KǍW WEE-ZÂA THÔNG-THÎAO THAM YÀNG-RAI KRÁP/KÁ
- Please fill out this form.
CHÛAI GRÀWK BÀEP-FAWM NÉE DÛAI KRÁP/KÀ
- What is your nationality?
KUN SǍN-CHÂAT ÀA-RAI KRÁP/KÁ
- I am a Canadian.
PHǑM/CHǍN PEN KON-KAE-NA-DA KRÁP/KÀ
- How much does a tourist visa cost?
KÂA THAM WEE-ZÂA THÔNG-THÎAO RA-KA THÂO-RÀI KRÁP/KÁ
- A tourist visa costs 1,000 baht.
KÂA THAM WEE-ZÂA NÈUNG-PHAN BÀHT KRÁP/KÀ
- Where is the tourist visa form?
BÀEP-FAWM KǍW WEE-ZÂA THÔNG-THÎAO YÒO-NǍI KRÁP/KÁ
- The forms are located over there.
BÀEP-FAWM YÒO TRONG-NÁN KRÁP/KÀ
- How long are you staying in Thailand?
JÀ YÒO MEUANG-THAI NAAN KÂE-NǍI KRÁP/KÁ
- I am staying for one month.
PHǑM/CHǍN JÀ YÒO MEUANG-THAI NÈUNG DEUAN KRÁP/KÀ
- How long can I stay in Thailand?
PHǑM/CHǍN JÀ YÒO MEUANG-THAI DÂI NAAN KÂE-NǍI KRÁP/KÁ
- You can stay in Thailand for 60 days.
KUN SǍA-MÂAT YÒO MEUANG-THAI DÂI HÒK-SÌP WAN KRÁP/KÀ
- What is the charge for overstaying?
THÂ YÒO GURN-GAM-NÒD TÂWNG JÀI KÂ-PRÀP THÂO-RÀI KRÁP/KÁ
- The charge for overstaying is 500 baht per day.
KÂ-PRÀP SǍM-RÀP GAN- YÒO-GURN-GAM-NÒD KEU HA-RÓI BÀHT TÀW WAN KRÁP/KÀ
- Where are you staying?
KUN PHÁK THÊE-NǍI KRÁP/KÁ
- I am staying at a hotel.
PHǑM/CHǍN PHÁK THÊE RONG-RAM KRÁP/KÀ
- Where is your next destination?
JÙT-MǍI-PLAI-TANG TÀW-PAI KǑNG KUN KEU THÊE-NǍI KRÁP/KÁ
- My next destination is Cambodia.
JÙT-MǍI-PLAI-TANG TÀW-PAI KǑNG PHǑM/CHǍN KUE GAM-PHOO-CHA KRÁP/KÀ
Notes: Male speakers use Phom (“I”), and female speakers use “chun” or more formally “deechun”. Male speakers use “khrup” at the end of a sentence, and female speakers use “ka”.
All of Jen’s students say she is the best Thai teacher they have had because she is patient with them and teaches at their pace with no pressure to learn quickly.
Jen teaches at her home in Chiang Rai and can be reached on 0814 726 644
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=46121