Jen’s English Tip’s – The difference between MUST and SHOULD
‘Must’ and ‘should’ are both modal verbs.
MUST is used when expressing obligation or an unavoidable requirement, whereas SHOULD is more of a recommendation, or simply a desirable goal.
Similar to ‘have to’ – strong obligation.
– You must abide by the law.
– You must not smoke indoors, it is illegal.
– You must arrive on time; otherwise, we will leave without you.
Similar to ‘ought to’ – a suggestion.
– You should try to get some sleep; it is very late, and you have a lot of work to do tomorrow.
– You should not be so mean to your brother he’s just trying to help you.
– You should visit us more often, we hardly ever see you anymore
Learn English on Skype
Inexpensive, Personal, Effective and Enjoyable.
Do you like studying English by yourself with a book or video? Wouldn’t you prefer to learn with a live coach who will guide you to learn faster?
With SKYPE you can learn from the comfort of your home or office. Your online coach will help you with Vocabulary, Pronunciation, Listening and Speaking. You choose where you want to learn and when you want to learn.
Why not take your first step now?
Reserve your first lesson today.
Only 116 (THB) Thai Baht per half hour.
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=34833