Jen’s English Tip’s – Agreeing and Disagreeing
Agreeing and Disagreeing
Saying you agree
• I agree with you 100 percent.
• I couldn’t agree with you more.
• That’s so true.
• That’s for sure.
• (slang) Tell me about it!
• You’re absolutely right.
• That’s exactly how I feel.
• I’m afraid I agree with James.
• I have to side with Dad on this one.
• No doubt about it.
• (agree with negative statement) Me neither.
• (weak) I suppose so./I guess so.
• You have a point there.
• I was just going to say that.
Saying you do not agree
• I don’t think so.
• (strong) No way.
• I’m afraid I disagree.
• (strong) I totally disagree.
• I beg to differ.
• (strong) I’d say the exact opposite.
• Not necessarily.
• That’s not always true.
• That’s not always the case.
• No, I’m not so sure about that.
Interrupting somebody talking
• Can I add something here?
• Is it okay if I jump in for a second?
• If I might add something…
• Can I throw my two cents in?
• Sorry to interrupt, but…
• (after accidentally interrupting someone) Sorry, go ahead. OR Sorry, you were saying…
• (after being interrupted) You didn’t let me finish.
Giving your opinion
• In my opinion…
• The way I see it…
• If you want my honest opinion….
• According to Lisa…
• As far as I’m concerned…
• If you ask me…
Asking for an opinion
• What’s your idea?
• What are your thoughts on all of this?
• How do you feel about that?
• Do you have anything to say about this?
• What do you think?
• Do you agree?
• Wouldn’t you say?
Ending an argument
• Let’s just move on, shall we?
• Let’s drop it.
• I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree.
• (sarcastic/not polite) Whatever you say./If you say so.
Learn English or Thai on Skype
Inexpensive, Personal, Effective and Enjoyable.
Do you like studying English or Thai by yourself with a book or video? Wouldn’t you prefer to learn with a live coach who will guide you to learn faster?
With SKYPE you can learn from the comfort of your home or office. Your online coach will help you with Vocabulary, Pronunciation, Listening and Speaking. You choose where you want to learn and when you want to learn.
Why not take your first step now?
Reserve your first lesson today.
Only 116 (THB) Thai Baht per half hour.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=33241