Irishman David Houlihan Found Dead in Waste Water Pond on Koh Samui Island
KOH SAMUI – Police have reported that 24-year-old David Houlihan from Ireland has died on the Island of Koh Samui after apparently drowning in a waste water treatment pond.
According to the Samui Times David accidentally fell into the waste water treatment pond while walking home from his night out. His body was discovered on Wednesday morning.
David Houlihan from Dungarvan, went missing on Monday night as he made his way back to his hotel in Koh Samui.
One of the largest islands in Thailand, Koh Samui is a popular destination for Irish tourists.
It is understood David’s two older brothers, Jonathan and Paul, flew to the island on Tuesday to join the search for their missing sibling whose body was found earlier today.
The Department of Foreign Affairs said it is aware of the case and is providing consular assistance to the family.
Helping to Bring David Home, a YouCaring fundraising page set up by family friend Mary Fitzpatrick following the tragedy, has raised €22,355 to date.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=32496