Family Holiday in Thailand Turns to Tragedy after Australian Father of Three Dies from Food Poisoning
BANGKOK – A family holiday to Thailand has ended in tragedy for one Australian family, after a father-of-three died from suspected food poisoning last weekend.
Australian Rex Tickell, 55, was holidaying in Thailand with his three children, Lennaya, Zeke and Izaius, his wife Christine and her sister and brother-in-law, when the family contracted an unknown illness on July , 2016.
It is understood Mr Tickell was vomiting so heavily that he fell unconscious, and was unable to be revived by CPR, he later died in hospital.
The other members of his family were not as severely affected by the illness.
Jesikah Klease, Mr Tickellâ€™s niece, told the Australian Press that her uncle as â€œhard workingâ€ and â€œloving,â€ and said the trip to Thailand was the familyâ€™s first overseas holiday together.
Ms Klease started a GoFundMe page to help raise funds to support her uncleâ€™s family so her aunt can â€œgrieve without the added financial stress.â€
â€œThankfully he had travel insurance so the cost of flying his body home will be covered, however (Rex) leaves behind a wife and three children.
â€œAs he is the main bread winner of the family things are going to be extremely tough for them,â€™ she said.
Ms Klease was not in Thailand with her parents and Rexâ€™s family and said she was â€œdesperateâ€ to help her aunt and cousins.
â€œAny money raised will go towards the funeral and bills so that my Aunty can grieve without the added financial stress,â€ she said.
More than $3000 has been raised for the family so far.
GoFundMe Link: https://www.gofundme.com/2c3h3tz8
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=40357