Chinese Tourists Bitten by Python at Phuket Snake Show – See Video
PHUKET – A 29-year-old female tourist from China has received eight stitches at Phuket International Hospital after bending down to touch the python with her nose.
A viral video clip on YouTube captured the 29-year-old Chinese tourist bending down to touch the python with her nose. The reptile, apparently spooked, suddenly bit her nose causing her to scream in pain and shock.
The incident prompted police and Phuket Tourism and Sports official Santi Pawai to investigate Phuket Biotechnology’s office in Tambon Chalong Muang Phuket, which draws tourists with a snake show and products derived from snakes.
Kritiporn Phumkunchorn, general manager of the company, said the bite was an accident. The tourist had tried to kiss the three-year-old, 1.5-metre-long snake, which was often featured in tourists’ souvenir photos.
The woman was taken to Phuket International Hospital where she was treated for her injuries, the Phuket News has reported.
A representative from the business, which has not been named, said that the snake which bit the woman was non-venomous.
The Bangkok Post has reported that the 29-year-old has been given 135,000 baht (€3,400) as compensation for her injuries and her medical treatment.
Chinese Tourists Bitten by Snake
Powered by Facebook Comments
Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=37079