|

Australian Dies from Balcony Fall in Phuket

The Australian tourist accidently fell from the balcony in his hotel room in Phuket late Saturday night, dying instantly.

The Australian tourist accidently fell from the balcony in his hotel room in Phuket late Saturday night, dying instantly.

.

.

PHUKET – An Australian tourist has died after accidently fellinng from the balcony in his hotel room in Phuket late Saturday night, while taking pictures of fireworks

According to Investigator Pol Lt Bpatapi Srichai, the incident happened at around 23:50 Saturday night in Phuket’s Patong subdistrict.

Police and rescue workers were summoned to the hotel where they discovered the body of 45-year-old Jamie William Brown.

The body of the Australian national was found lying on a small concrete path on the 3rd floor connecting the building to the hotel-owned swimming pool.

Paramedics said the body showed several fractures, indicating that he had fallen from great heights. In fact, an investigation conducted by Pol Lt Bpathaphi came to the conclusion the man had fallen from the 19th floor of the hotel building.

Police questioned Mr Brown’s 40-year-old sister-in-law and she told they had stayed in their room on the 19th floor of the hotel when they heard fireworks from the nearby beach late Saturday night. Mr Brown then got his camera and rushed on the balcony to take photographs.

She warned him not to lean out of the balcony too far and went to the bathroom. When she came back, she saw Mr Brown latching onto the edge of the balcony.

She tried pulling him up but failed due to the heavy weight. Mr Brown then could no longer hold himself up and plunged down the building.

Hotel staff performing first aid could not save the life of Mr Brown, he died before paramedics arrived.

Meanwhile, Police in Mae Hong Son have reported the Death of a Romanian tourist who committed suicide in a guesthouse by taking an overdose of prescription drugs.

Police Investigator Pol Capt Thingon Chumphusaen from Mae Hong Son Provincial Police Station said the body of the Romanian tourist Rufer Boaz, 48, was found in his rented room in a guesthouse located in Mae Hong Son City district. He was lying face up on the bed with a bruise visible on his chest.

According to Pol Capt Thingon, Mr Boaz likely killed himself through an overdose of the drug found in his room.

A brief medical examination did not reveal any injuries or wounds. He was last seen by a guesthouse worker on April 27 which medical workers estimated to be the day of his death. Mr Boaz’ body was sent to Srisangwan Hospital to confirm the cause of death.

 

Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=38998

Posted by on May 2 2016. Filed under Tourist in the News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Photo of White Beach in Boracay, Philippines
Learning Thai with Jen