Angry Crowd Abuses 6 Year-Old Nong Cartoon’s Murderer/Rapist

Police take Nui (wearing a crash helmet) to the crime scene near Bearing skytrain station on Tuesday morning

Police take Nui (wearing a crash helmet) to the crime scene near Bearing skytrain station. Photo by Somchai Poomlard


BANGKOK – The accused rapist-murderer of six-year-old Nong Cartoon,  “Nui” was loudly condemned by people who gathered to watch as police made him retrace his path leading up to the crime near Bearing skytrain station in Bang Na district on Tuesday morning.

The girl, nicknamed Cartoon, went missing from her family in Bangkok on 6 December.

The girl, nicknamed Cartoon, went missing from her family in Bangkok on 6 December.

The man, identified only as “Nui”, 36, was arrested on Sunday and later confessed to raping and murdering the girl, who went missing on Dec 6 after her father left her alone in a pickup truck at night while he and his wife enjoyed a look thoong concert on Sukhumvit Soi 105 close to the skytrain station.

Nui was taken to a parking lot at a restaurant where he first found the girl left in the truck.  He lured her to a deserted area adjacent to Sukhumvit Soi 105 where he strangled and then sexually assaulted her.

He said she was crying and resisted him, so he moved her to another spot next to a wall and strangled her until she was unconscious. He then took off her clothes and raped her.

Several hundred people who knew about the crime re-enactment gathered at the location on Tuesday morning. When Nui arrived, the crowd loudly abused him.

The grieving parents and relatives of Nong Cartoon at the crime scene. (Photo by Somchai Poomlard) Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/385282/angry-crowd-meets-nui-at-crime-scene. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

The grieving parents and relatives of Nong Cartoon at the crime scene. (Photo by Somchai Poomlard)

A company of crowd control police helped separate the angry people from the man, who was wearing a motorcycle crash helmet.

Nui was later taken to Phra Khanong court, where police applied to detain him further.

The suspect previously served three years and eight months in prison for abducting a child under the age of 15 and was released from prison on Aug 23, 2012, according to police.

The girl’s parents were also present at the crime scene on Tuesday, but could not get close to their daughter’s alleged killer.

Police later found a girl’s pink shoe, which the young victim’s parents confirmed belonged to their daughter. – Bangkok Post

Four-Year-Old Raped in Cambodia

A 4-year-old girl was hospitalized with serious internal injuries on Friday after being brutally raped by a 28-year-old relative, police in Battambang province said Sunday.

The suspect in the attack, Ngan Chanthan, was arrested on Friday evening and charged Sunday by the provincial court with the rape of a minor, provincial serious crimes police chief Seng Luch said.

The child lost large quantities of blood in the attack and was hospitalized overnight, but was released into the custody of her family on Saturday evening, the police chief said.

Mey Kimsan, a police officer in Bavel district, where the rape took place, said the child’s parents were migrant workers in Thailand and she had been living with her aunt in Kdol Tahen commune. On Friday morning, the girl’s aunt sent her to take some vegetables to her grandmother.

The grandmother allowed the suspect, a relative who had been drinking nearby with friends, to escort the child home, but instead he took her into a forested area and raped her.

After the attack, Ngan Chanthan dropped the bleeding and traumatized child at her aunt’s house, but it was immediately obvious that she was injured, and the aunt filed a complaint with police.

“The victim’s aunt told police that when the suspect brought her niece back, her niece had a lot of blood on her,” Mr. Kimsan said. “The girl had lost a lot of blood and was anemic, so she was brought to the provincial hospital and then to the Reproductive Health Association of Cambodia [RHAC] clinic on Saturday [for specialized treatment].”

Under questioning by district police, Ngan Chanthan admitted to having raped the 4-year-old and said he did it because he was drunk.

“He claimed that he raped the girl victim because he felt drunk and then could not control his feelings,” Mr. Kimsan said.

A representative of the RHAC clinic in Battambang said the girl’s condition had improved with treatment and that she had been released on Saturday evening, but declined to comment further.



Powered by Facebook Comments

Short URL: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/?p=21028

Posted by on Dec 17 2013. Filed under Regional News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
Photo of White Beach in Boracay, Philippines
Learning Thai with Jen
Learning Thai with Jen